HS450 Unit 7 Assignment – Techniques and Tools for Strategic Management in Healthcare
Course outcome assessed in this Assignment: ● HS450-4: Apply tools and techniques in the management of quality and performance in a healthcare setting.
● Explain how regulations impact health care organizations.
● Describe the policy and operational context of health care regulations.
● Explain how regulatory compliance will affect health care organizations’ strategic decision making.
● Formulate strategies to ensure regulatory compliance.
You have been appointed as lead project manager for the implementation of a new EHR system in a large multi- campus hospital system. The CEO and Board of Directors have asked you to provide information regarding the methods by which you will ensure successful adoption of the new information system. Please follow the instructions below in completion of this assignment.
1. Apply quality management tools.
a. Demonstrate the quality management tools that could be used as process control techniques.
b. Select three (2) quality management tools (e.g., control charts, Pareto charts, fishbone diagrams) and interpret their use for the CEO and Board of Directors.
c. Provide a visual example for each tool used.
d. Discuss the relationship between quality management and how changes in health care regulations impact internal policies, processes, and organizational structure.