Leaders need to understand how technology influences leadership and plays a role in work, work processes, organizational culture, and performance as organizations move toward a collaborative style that creates flatter organizations, project teams, and other unique traits. In addition, what is perceived to be ethical in one culture may not be perceived to be ethical in another, requiring leaders to understand how to make ethical decisions in diverse groups. In this assignment, you will discusses the ways leaders can meet the future ethical challenges of technology and diversity in organizations.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- View the videos by Townes-Whitley (2017) and Leonhard (2014).
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) that addresses the ways leaders can meet the future ethical challenges of technology and diversity in organizations. Include the following in your paper:
- A discussion of the potential ethical issues leaders may encounter in managing technology and diversity in an organization.
- A research supported discussion of strategies a leader can use to mitigate potential ethical issues created by technology and diversity. (Benchmarks C5.1: Develop a leadership style that can respond to the challenges and opportunities inherent in a global environment.)