Case Analysis—Google in China
Governments play an important role in business decisions and business operations. The case study in this assignment provides a fascinating view of the business environment in China.
Read the following case study:
- Baron, D. P. (2006, November 15). Google in China. Harvard Business School. HBS Number: P54.
Analyze the case. In your case analysis, address the following questions:
- What is the basic situation described in the case? Summarize the Google experience.
- What other companies are described in the case as having had to deal with Chinese censorship. What is your opinion of their actions?
- What seems to be the policy of Chinese censorship?
- What are some U.S. congressional initiatives related to Chinese censorship? Do you support those initiatives?
- Did Google make the right choice? What were the different opinions expressed in the case regarding the Google choice? Form an argument.
Submit your work in a 3-page Word document. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.