Watch the video, then answer the questions.
Video link: https://vimeo.com/97358756
1. How much natural gas does President Obama say the USA has in reserve?
2. According to Wilma Subra, what has happened to the Gulf of Mexico ecosystem after the BP oil spill in 2010? Does gas production continue?
3. What is termed the “Saudi Arabia of natural gas”?
4. What is hydraulic fracturing? What method is used for gas extraction?
5. Is fracking included in the Safe Drinking Water Act? Do companies have to disclose what chemicals they are using during fracking?
6. According to the NY Times report how was waste water from drilling being disposed of?
7. What gas was contaminating Dimock, Pennsylvania’s groundwater?
8. Land owners in Wyoming do not own “Mineral Rights.” This means the oil and gas companies can buy the mineral rights and land owners have no control over where there is drilling and get no profits from oil and gas extracted from beneath their land. Does this seem fair?
9. Once contaminates, like the chemicals used in fracking fluids, get into the ground, can those contaminates be removed easily?