In a 5- to 7-page strategic proposal, address the following:
- Identify the five different onboarding team members you have selected. Note: These are not the members of the team you have been assigned to in this course; rather, they are the team members you selected from the “Thomason Health System Bios” document in the Learning Resources.
- Justify the reason for your selections and exclusions for the onboarding team, using the principles of interprofessional teams.
- Explain the different roles and responsibilities each team member will have as a part of the onboarding team.
Scenario: You are the newly appointed chief operating officer for Thomason Health System (THS), a large health care delivery system that will be acquiring and implementing a new information technology system: “Electronic Medical Records” (EMRs). The organization has many and differing opinions about EMRs, but the CEO and the board of directors want you to establish an onboarding team that will help facilitate the organization-wide adoption of this new technology. Your main responsibility is to identify five team members from a short list of candidates and facilitate the launch of an effective team through conflict resolution and team building. This team will present a unified message and facilitate cultural change within the greater organization.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the provided scenario, as well as the “Thomason Health System Background” and “Thomason Health System Bios” documents in this week’s Learning Resources.
- As a team, begin preparing a strategic proposal to present to Thomason Health System’s board of directors.