During this module you have explored the ethical challenges facing businesses. As you prepare to take
your place in the management and leadership of the future you are asked to evidence and reflect upon
the development of your ethical awareness and reasoning and to consider the challenges that may
face you in your workplace.
Part A: Ethical Dilemma Essay (1,500 words)
relevant to your intended area of future employment. You must demonstrate both an awareness of the
key issues surrounding why it is an ethical dilemma, and then propose solutions to that dilemma. A
suggested format for the essay is:
• Ethical Dilemma Description (300 words)
• Justify why it is an ethical dilemma in a business situation (600 words)
• Ethical solutions proposed by the student to this dilemma (600 words)
Part of the learning experience of this essay is for you as the student picking and developing the dilemma
yourself from either a relevant recent news event, personal professional practice experience (particularly
for students who have been on placement) or similar.
• Students are strongly advised to read the marking criteria sheets (at the end of this document)
very carefully to gain an understanding of exactly what the examiner will be looking for, and
• You should not use an ethical dilemma that we have discussed in detail during a class or has been
analysed in a textbook or website; this is your ethical dilemma, which you have developed, which ideally
relates to your career aspirations (After graduating from business management at university, I wanted to return to my country and take over my father’s business career).