Per the text, the federal, state, and local governments of a disaster-stricken area must work together in many ways. The federal government may declare a federal disaster and provide federal assistance to the area if certain requirements are met.
Read the following two (2) FEMA articles:
- “National Planning Frameworks”
- “Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Public Law 93-288) as amended”, Section 401, page 25
Write a five (5) page paper in which you:
- Specify the nature of the interrelationships between the federal, state, and local government, the private sector, and nongovernmental organizations as outlined in the National Planning Frameworks and the five (5) preparedness mission areas in the “National Planning Frameworks” article.
- Analyze the specific requirements that the government must meet in order to declare a federal disaster and provide federal assistance, as outlined in the “Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Public Law 93-288) as amended” article. Evaluate the importance of each requirement.
- Suggest two (2) requirements (not listed in the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act) that you believe the government should follow in order to declare a federal disaster and provide federal assistance. Provide a rationale to support your suggestion.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other related websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Minimun 4 references.
- No plagarism.
- See and use attachments
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow 6th edition APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assess how emergency management personnel respond to the major forms of natural, technological, and man-made disasters.
- Determine how the major forms of emergency management work – mitigation, response, recovery, preparedness, and communications – are interrelated.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in emergency management.
- Write clearly and concisely about emergency management using proper writing mechanics.