Assignment 7: Goods and Services Marketing
The success of a product or a company in the marketplace is highly dependent on the target markets ability to distinguish a given product from another. One way this is accomplished is through branding. When it comes to branding, companies must make complex decisions that will have a prolonged effect on the perception of the product and company in the marketplace. In this discussion, you will discuss product placements based on brand name marketing in the film industry.
Scenario: Product placement deals have been a common practice in the film industry for quite some time, but the focus on placing popular brands in movies and television shows was never as important as it is today. To execute this Discussion, watch one of your favorite television shows or a recent popular movie and discover a brand of a product that is featured in the plot of the story. Pay close attention, sometimes it can be tricky to identify a popular brand being featured if your mind is not consciously looking for it.
Directions to complete this Assignment:
● Read Chapter 10 in your textbook to understand how companies make branding decisions.
● View marketing uses of branding. Download the transcript. ● Watch the video segment concerning Brand, Design, and Differentiation as discussed by Tom
Peters (Tom Peters Company ©1999-2014) to supplement your understanding of product branding by Tom Peters-Filmed by BVO 2009 and now available via YouTube™ at:
Used by permission of Tom Peters. See www.tompeters.com for additional information.
Checklist: In 250 words or more, answer the following questions:
1. Identify the television show or recent movie you watched, and introduce the brand of a consumer product that you found was featured in the plot of the story.
3. Discuss how the television show or movie increases or decreases the brand equity of the product.
4. Describe the brand strategy of the product you identified within the plot of the story:
Review the grading rubric below before beginning this activity. Respond in a Microsoft Word document in a minimum of 250 words to the checklist items above using APA format and citation style. Make sure to include an additional Title and references page.
For additional help with your writing and APA citation, please visit the Writing Center accessed from the Academic Tools area, then select Academic Support Center and when you see the main page the Writing Center is located in the bottom left quadrant. Save your Assignment titled per the example (Ex: TAllen-MT219 Assignment-Unit 7.docx) and submit your file by selecting the Unit 7: Assignment Dropbox by the end of Unit 7.
Unit 7 Assignment:
Goods and Services Marketing
Content per Checklists 100% 50 Answer provides complete information demonstrating analysis and critical thinking in response to the checklist items.
Based on the reading of Chapter 10 and the website video segment, provides a correct minimum response of 250 words to the following: 5. Identify the television
show or recent movie you watched, and introduce the brand of a consumer product that you found was featured in the plot of the story.
2. Discuss the type of consumer product (convenience, shopping, specialty, unsought) you identified in the plot of the story. Explain your answer.
3. Discuss how the television show or movie increases or decreases the brand equity of the
4. Describe the brand strategy of the product you identified within the plot of the story.
Subtotal: 80% 40
Provides a complete response in a minimum of 250 words to the checklist items in a Word document using correct grammar, spelling, and APA format and citation style and reference page.
Percent Total Points
possible Your Assignment Score:
- Assignment 7: Goods and Services Marketing
- Directions to complete this Assignment:
- Directions for Submitting this Assignment: