Section 1: Introduction and Overview (Portrait or landscape orientation may be used for the page layout of this section.)
Students will begin their Guides with a general overview of assessment. In this two-page section, students will briefly address the major aspects of the assessment process. Students are encouraged to develop creative titles for these topics that effectively communicate the meanings to the intended audience.
- Definition of a Test (e.g., What is a Test?)
- Briefly define psychological assessment.
- Types of Tests
- Identify the major categories of psychological assessment.
- Reliability and Validity
- Briefly define the concepts of reliability and validity as they apply to psychological assessment.
- Role of testing and assessment in the diagnostic process
- Briefly explain role of assessment in diagnosis.
- Professionals Who Administer Tests
- Briefly describe the types of professionals involved in various assessment processes.
- Culture and Testing
- Briefly describe issues of cultural diversity as it applies to psychological assessment.
Categories of Assessment (Portrait or landscape orientation may be used for the page layout of this section.)
For each of the following, students will create a two-page information sheet or pamphlet to be included in the Assessment Guide. For each category of assessment, students will include the required content listed in the PSY640 Content for Testing Pamphlets and Information Sheets (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Be sure to reference the content requirements (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. prior to completing each of the information sheets on the following categories of assessment.