Water Resources – Fresh Water – Florida Springs
Introduction: The Florida Springs seem to be in the news quite a bit mainly due to the challenges that they face in overcoming pressures from development, pollution and human activities. The Springs have been around for thousands of years and have an interesting and varied history. They have been valued by humans for many reasons over many years and are still valued today as an important natural freshwater resource.
Direction: For this Assignment, research and read articles, books, etc. that you find about Florida Springs. You can use any reputable peer reviewed source with proper referencing using APA standards. Concentrate on the environmental aspects of the springs and bringing attention to problem areas but do not neglect any social, business and political overlap. Consider the freshwater resource aspects as well.
Complete a project in one of the following formats, but regardless of the format chosen, the audience is the general public:
1 Develop a Written Brochure: It can be any number of designs (example Word file: tri-fold) but must be written and produced as a Public Service Announcement. All the criteria below must be fully addressed in the brochure at a minimum. Graphics are accepted if properly referenced but the most important information with respect to grading is the narrative material and the organization of the presentation.
2 Draft a PowerPoint Presentation: No more than 6 slides long with the 7th for References. All criteria below must be fully addressed at a minimum. Graphics are accepted if properly referenced but the most important information with respect to grading is the narrative material and the organization of the presentation. complete this powerpoint using a blank background and in black and white only.
Address the following criteria at a minimum:
- Course name, student name, Module number and date.
- Choose an example of a Florida Spring and briefly describe it as a freshwater resource and what it has been used for.
- Report the Florida State government rules or regulations that apply to Florida Springs, their protections, their use and at least one Florida State government agency that has authority over the Florida Springs and describe their involvement.
- Report and briefly explain at least one major environmental concern related to the Florida Springs and one freshwater resource issue. Explain one human activity that negatively impact Florida Springs.
- Report on one action that is being taken to protect the Florida Springs and the costs involved. Propose at least one further action that could be taken to protect the Florida Springs.
Submission: Choose the link titled Assignment: Project above and use the “Browse My Computer” button in the Attach File area to attach your documents. Be sure to complete your submission by choosing the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen.