Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
In this course, you will be creating a Supply Chain Management Improvement Proposal. Your proposal will include the following sections:
Click here to open and download a detailed description of the procurement improvement project plan for this course.
Each week, you will create one or more sections of your proposal. The final proposal will be 12–15 pages long, not including the Title page and Reference section. Because this proposal is written for academic purposes, you are required to follow APA guidelines in creating your proposal; do not use the traditional business writing approach. Use bullets only to support your narrative, not as a source of narrative.
Identify an organization that operates domestically as well as globally that could benefit from an improvement in its supply chain process. This organization will be the subject of your project for this course. Discuss the following:
- Explain why you have chosen this company.
- What makes you think it needs improvement in its supply chain process?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?