Atlantic Manufacturing is a manufacturer of small motors. The company had problems with order acquisition, operations, distribution, and accounting systems. Some of the specific issues were identified as being
- information supplied to sales force is inaccurate;
- customers requesting reduced lead times;
- credit system inconsistent, producing collection problems;
- service calls lack warranty information; and
- quality control system not integrated.
In this week’s case study, you will be investigating their decisions for the ERP sales and marketing modules implemented and what specific areas each of those decisions addressed. Identify both the purpose and benefits that their system was to have provided and whether that was achieved. Major focus should be given to the decisions and assumptions made as well as the reasons made for their selection. There are no specific references given for this case study, only some background information references to help you in your research. It is suggested that in your research, you pay particular attention to their competition and how it affected their sales and marketing needs.