- Review one (1) of the following case studies, and be prepared to discuss.
- “343 Industries: 343 Industries Gets New User Insights from Big Data in the Cloud”, located in the online course shell and on the Web at http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/Case_Study_Detail.aspx?CaseStudyID=710000002102.
- “Klout: Data Services Firm Uses Microsoft BI and Hadoop to Boost Insight into Big Data”, located in the online course shell and on the Web at http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/Microsoft-SQL-Server-2012-Enterprise/Klout/Data-Services-Firm-Uses-Microsoft-BI-and-Hadoop-to-Boost-Insight-into-Big-Data/710000000129
- “Yahoo!: Yahoo! Improves Campaign Effectiveness, Boosts Ad Revenue with Big Data Solution”, located in the online course shell and on the Web at http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/Microsoft-SQL-Server-2012-Enterprise/Yahoo/Yahoo-Improves-Campaign-Effectiveness-Boosts-Ad-Revenue-with-Big-Data-Solution/710000001707.
- “Department of Special Investigation: Thai Law Enforcement Agency Optimizes Investigations with Big Data Solution”, located in the online course shell and on the Web at http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/Microsoft-SQL-Server-2012-Enterprise/Department-of-Special-Investigation/Thai-Law-Enforcement-Agency-Optimizes-Investigations-with-Big-Data-Solution/710000001175.
- It is common knowledge that in today’s business environment, organizations must continually strive to achieve a competitive advantage. Likewise, they are reliant on large amounts of data to make their business decisions.
- Using the organization you selected, explain the key way(s) in which your organization / agency uses business intelligence in order to gain a competitive advantage. Next, speculate on the technological limitations regarding data, software, and hardware that you believe might challenge your chosen organization / agency in the future. Provide a rationale for your response.
Please follow and like us: