Capstone Papers-Compare and contrast the main skeletal features of quadrupedalism with bipedalism, using the cat, Old World monkey, chimpanzee, and human skeleton.
- Compare and contrast the main skeletal features of quadrupedalism with bipedalism, using the cat, Old World monkey, chimpanzee, and human skeleton.
- Describe and explain some of the advantages of bipedalism from the standpoint of human material culture, survival in the savanna, and other mentioned in lectures and text.
- Explain the difficulties of determining whether language existed in the past; include in your discussion the mechanisms of speech (both in the left hemisphere of the brain and in the vocal tract).
- Compare and contrast the main explanations for the migration of modern Homo sapiens: (a) “Out-of-Africa” (Recent African Origin and many other names) and (b) Multiregional Evolution) models. Discuss the evidence for each of these theories.
- What is a polytypic population, and how does it relate to the concept of race? Is there any validity to race as a scientific concept in human biology? How about race as a valid cultural concept? Defend your answer.