Capstone Papers-nutrition analysis
What did the nutrition analysis teach you about your diet in general?
2. Based on your 5-day combined report, which nutrients did you consume in amounts less than 75% of the DRI on average?
3. Based on your 5-day combined report, which nutrients did you consume in amounts greater than 125% of the DRI on average?
4. Select five nutrients that were low in your diet and five nutrients that were high in your diet (based on 2 and 3 above). Explain how each of the nutrients that you selected as too high or too low functions in your body and affects your health and risk factors for diseases. If you do not have five low and/or five high nutrients in your diet, you may randomly select nutrients to discuss for a total of 10 nutrients.
5. Name three foods that you could add to your diet that you would enjoy that would help you consume more of the nutrients you were too low in. Make sure to identify which nutrient(s) each food contains that you added. For example, if you add carrots to your diet because you need more vitamin A, then explain that.
6. Name three foods that you could easily eliminate or reduce in your diet that would help to reduce your intake of the nutrients that you were too high in. Make sure to identify which nutrient(s) each food contains that you eliminated. For example, if you removed canned soup from your diet because it is high in sodium, then explain that.