College Essays-Front-End Needs Analysis
Front-End Needs Analysis
Imagine that you work for an educational organization or a training department for an organization (e.g., K12, higher education, corporate training, military, or non-profit). Your organization is procuring a new Learning Management System (LMS) for online education or training needs.
Note: You may use aspects of existing processes from either your current or a former place of employment. However, you must remove any and all identifying information that would enable someone to discern the organization[s] that you have used. You may also create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of these assignments.
The following resources may help you with this assignment:
· Article titled “LMS Needs Analysis – Questions To Ask When Reviewing Systems”, located at http://www.funderstanding.com/educators/lms-needs-analysis-questions-to-ask-when-reviewing-systems/
· Article titled “Resources for Procuring the ‘Right’ Learning Management System”, located at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/training-and-development/reference-materials/procuring_lms.pdf
1. Describe your organization and explain what kind of education / training it provides.
2. Explain the current systems and processes used for education / training in your organization.
3. Identify the key internal administrative and educational stakeholders from your organization that will access and / or maintain the LMS. Specify each stakeholder’s role for the LMS.
4. Determine at least five (5) key specific needs of the organization that you foresee will benefit from an LMS based upon the stakeholders’ roles. Justify your response.
5. Prioritize and classify the needs that you determined in Question 3 in order to select the right LMS for your organization. Justify your response.
6. Suggest a strategy for assessing proprietary and open-access LMSs to correspond with the needs of your organization. Provide a rationale for your suggestion.