Answer Each Question Below Carefully. The Objective Of This Assignment Is To Assess Whether Or Not You Understood The Major Themes And Concepts For The Chapter On “Federalism”. Use Your Own Words In Responding To These Short Essay Questions. (10 Points To
Answer each question below carefully. The objective of this assignment is to assess whether or not you understood the major themes and concepts for the chapter on “Federalism”. Use your own words in responding to these short essay questions. (10 points total) You must submit your responses in word document format using the “Browse My Computer” button on the assignment submission page, which can be found by clicking the title of this assignment above. Responses should be limited to two or three single-spaced pages. In your answers, please number each response accordingly. Use ‘12’ inch size Times New Roman font; with one inch margins throughout. Please submit your written assignments by 5:00pm, Friday.
1. The federal government has grown immensely since 1789. Discuss reasons for this growth. Can we expect government to continue to grow? Why? Why not?
2. The Constitution is specific about some features of the relationships between national and state governments and vague about some other features. Give examples of both specific and vague provisions and discuss how the latter have helped Americans adapt the Constitution to changing times.
3. Compare and contrast federalism under FDR, Nixon, Clinton and Bush.
4. Are there still significant state and regional differences? What factors have a homogenizing influence? Are any of the traditional political subcultures intact? Do you think Southerners still resent Northerners and vice-versa?
5. Why is our federal system tilting/moving towards decentralization and fragmentation?
6. Provide examples of the types of federal aid your community/state receives on a day-to-day basis.