1. Compare and contrast the types of prevention and detection systems used for explosions. Why would it be more difficult to design controls for a room containing explosive materials than a room containing only flammable liquids?
2. Discuss the unique properties of combustible dusts. What are some prevention and suppression controls that can be used for areas containing combustible dusts? What methods would you use to identify areas where combustible dust is present?
PREPARE A CASE STUDY WITH THE ARTICLE ATTACHED
The case study and any additional sources must be cited in the text and references provided in APA style.
A case study about a fire in either a hotel or high-rise office building. Write a review of the case that is a minimum of 300 words in length. Your review should answer the following questions:
· What were the main factors that caused the fire?
· What was the fuel source for the fire?
· Were there design flaws in the building that contributed to either the start of the fire or the size of the fire?
· Were there issues with the building design or maintenance that hindered the fire response?
· What recommendations would you have made to the building design or maintenance that you believe would have prevented the fire from starting or reduced the severity of the outcome?