Your Final Paper will address the following module and course outcomes:
- Module Outcome: Conduct research, write, and organize a paper addressing the differing experiences of Americans from the colonial era through the Civil War (CO#6/Gen. Ed. Outcome 4.2, CO#7/History Program Outcome 1)
ASSIGNMENT: CULTURAL ACTIVITY REPORT
Write a 2-3 page report (500-750 words) that describes your experience and addresses the requirements below.
Format your report according to the Strayer University Writing Standards as detailed in the formatting instructions below.
STEP 1: EVENT SELECTION
Select 1 event from the list below and include this event on your title page.
Event A: Museum
Visit to a museum that exhibits items from Ancient times to 1500s
Event B: Live Play/Performance
Attend a live play/performance that exhibits music/literature from Ancient times to 1500s
Event C: Online Play (Amadeus)
Watch parts 1 and 2 of this community theater presentation which is an adaptation of the show ‘Amadeus’.
- Amadeus Part 1 (https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/preview/partner_id/956951/uiconf_id/38285871/entry_id/1_rcewtx57/embed/dynamic)
- Amadeus Part 2 (https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/preview/partner_id/956951/uiconf_id/38285871/entry_id/1_ve5sz367/embed/dynamic)
STEP 2: THE EVENT
For events A or B: Clearly identify the event location, date attended, the attendees, and your initial reaction upon arriving at the event.
For event C: Identify the plot of the play and 3 characters.
STEP 3: CULTURAL ELEMENT
For event A: Provide specific information and a description of at least two (2) pieces (e.g., art, exhibits, music, etc.). Provide as many details as possible. Make connections of your event with specific chapters of the text.
For events B or C: Choose 2 scenes (1 scene from Part 1 and 1 scene from Part 2). For each scene you have selected:
- describe in detail what you see (background, props, scenery, etc.)
- list and describe each character (describe their clothing, accessories, etc.)
- list one line spoken by one of the characters and describe how the others in the scene react to what is said (facial expressions, body language, verbal response, etc.)
STEP 4: CONCLUDING REACTION
For events A, B, or C: Describe your overall reaction after the event experience. (i.e., Would you visit/view the event again?, Any most/least favorite moments?, etc.)
STEP 5: DOUBLE CHECK FORMATTING
Formatting and writing standards are part of your grade. Align your formatting to the Strayer University Writing Standards.
View the: Strayer University Writing Standards (SWS)
Historians love to review the works of other historians. Whenever a new history book is written, the historical profession selects experts in particular fields of studies to determine the value and contribution the new work will have on the academic discipline. Upon completion of the course’s reading, each student will be considered an expert and be required to read an academic article and submit a 2-page review (minimum). Students are encouraged to celebrate the author’s accomplishments, but also challenge anything that seems substandard. Style and creativity play a crucial role in the success of your review.