From the syllabus: Final Project- A 5-7 page research paper. Students will compose a comparative analysis of a contemporary fashion designer inspired by any past era covered in class.
You will independently select a garment/collection created by any contemporary designer
of your choosing that references a historical style and compare it to its inspiration.
The look you select has to refer to one of the historical periods covered at any point in
this term through its style, silhouette,
the paper is to write a comparison detailing how the designer references the past.
You have all term to complete this portion of your grade. Late papers will not be
– Papers must be 5 – 7 pages in length
– You need to include an image of the contemporary design, and a historical source to
compare it to.
– Papers are due on Dec. 14 online through LMS
– Papers should conform to the standards of the Chicago Manual of Style (for proper
citations, footnotes, bibliographic references). For an introduction:
– At least 3 scholarly sources should be cited. Appropriate outlets for research
databases. Wikipedia, blogs, and unsubstantiated online commentary are not
appropriate sources for a research paper.
– Plagiarism will not be tolerated. If you express an idea or make a statement that is
not your own you are required to cite the source. Consult the student handbook
for detailed plagiarism guidelines.