Coursework Writing-Public Administrators And The Media Paper
Locate a current events or news article via the Internet, detailing a public agency’s attempt to ensure public involvement. Examples could include the purchase of a large-scale item or real property, the hiring of additional officers, the building of new police station, or the purchase of tasers for all officers.
- Describe the issue
- What attempts by the agency were made to incorporate public involvement
- Who from the public agency was involved with the project.
- Over what time frame did this occur?
- What barriers existed if any.
- Any overall success or failure documented in the article.
- Describe whether or not you agree with the agency and their approach.
- Whether or not social media played a role in the involvement.
- If you were the head of a public agency how formal would you have your public information personnel be?
- Is there room for information communication in government?
- When is the Internet and social media involvement a concern.