Coursework Writing-science and research
Please select any nursing research article from any one of the scientific journals found in the Nursing-Related Databases and Journals list. Select an article from an area that you are interested in or from the field you are working in. Using the article selected, construct a critique of the article, 6 to 10 pages (including cover page and references).
The critique should
- identify the problem statement or statement of purpose of the article
- describe the participants being studied, stating inclusion and exclusion criteria
- discuss the sampling issues, such as probability or nonprobability and number of subjects used
- identify the study setting—where data collection occurred
- discuss informed consent—whether the participants were fully informed, how their consent was obtained, and any other ethical considerations
- identify the hypothesis or research question
- identify the research design—for example, experimental or nonexperimental; descriptive, exploratory, explanatory, or predictive?
- identify research variables, both independent and dependent
- comment the on article’s literature review—how the study data were analyzed (what statistical measures were used)
- describe the results of the study and appropriateness of the methods used; include study limitations
- accurately critique comments on level of evidence used, nursing theory, and implications for nursing practice or research
- discuss how the research findings can be applied to the clinical area