Custom Writing Service-Evaluate the recent trend toward attacking small and medium businesses and identify the benefits that these types of businesses have which attract attackers
Attacking More Than Just the Enterprise
Suppose you are a security director for a consulting firm that implements, secures, investigates, and supports point-of-sale (POS) for small and medium businesses (SMBs) in the retail industry. Read the article titled, “Verizon DBIR 2012: Automated large-scale attacks taking down SMBs” located at the following SearchSecurity link: http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com.au/news/2240147412/Verizon-DBIR-2012-Automated-large-scale-attacks-taking-down-SMBs.
- Evaluate the recent trend toward attacking small and medium businesses and identify the benefits that these types of businesses have which attract attackers.
- Compare and contrast the digital forensic operations of small-sized companies to large companies in terms of costs, personnel, inexperience, naivety, etc.
- Explain the common purpose of attacks on point-of-sale (POS) systems and identify why you as a security professional would have cause for concern for your customers’ POS systems.
- Assess why and how these POS systems have become a prime target for hacking groups.
- Examine the forensics challenges that exist for investigations on POS systems.