Custom Writing Service-Explains the importance of holding a kick off meeting.
Your new knowledge of project management and experience at Roto Air has earned you a promotion to a senior project manager. Roto Air has recently purchased a smaller company that is the current supplier of electro-mechanical assemblies used in the Quick Drop 100. After your first visit to the new company you find that there is no formal project management system in use and that local management is not aware of the advantages of using project management principles. Your assignment is to educate the new management team and prepare them to welcome and integrate project management skills and tools into their operations. To do so, you will prepare a persuasive, factual report that:
- Defines a project and project management and differentiates routine operations.
- Explains the benefits to the business of using project management methodology.
- Describes the role and importance of a project sponsor.
- Examines the benefits of using project teams and methods of developing them and improving communications.
- Outlines the project life cycle.
- Examines the importance of a project charter and its role in preventing scope creep.
- Justifies the need for using a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Explains the importance of holding a kick off meeting.
- Summarizes the benefits and uses of project management software.
- Examines the benefits of professional certification and the role of ethics in project management.
- Describes the importance of identifying and mitigating risk in projects.
- Relates and gives examples of data driven decision making.
- Recommends whether a PMO is needed.
- Discusses the role of collecting and publicizing lessons learned.