Overview: This activity is designed to actively involve various project management scenarios and help apply concepts to real-world situations. They provide practice in the following:
- Differentiating common organizational structures and how they affect project processes and activities
- Describing methods for conflict resolution
- Prioritizing projects
- Communicating/distributing project information to team members and stakeholders
- Evaluating whether a team is working effectively
Prompt: Empirical evidence suggests a project manager’s authority, autonomy, and conflict-management skills are essential for delivering projects within the approved schedule and budget. Create a graphic organizer that addresses the critical elements below.
The following critical elements must be addressed:
- Describe authority and its importance for project managers in the context of the organization’s structure.
- Describe autonomy and its importance for project managers in the context of the organization’s structure.
- Describe conflict management and its importance for project managers in the context of the organization’s structure.
- Apply theory, scholarly resources, and course concepts.
Guidelines for Submission: The one-page graphic organizer should adhere to the following formatting requirements: Consider a free online graphic organizer tool, such as Creately, Popplet Lite, or Bubbl.us, to create this assignment, and submit your graphic organizer as a PDF, JPG, PPT, XLS, or DOC file.