1. State the primary interest of developmental psychologists.
2. Describe the various ways that development is documented, including longitudinal, cross sectional and sequential.
3. Describe cognitive development across the lifespan.
4. Identify Piaget’s stages of cognitive development.
5. Describe some contemporary perspectives on early cognitive development.
6. Describe physical development across the lifespan.
7. Describe how habituation studies can be used on infants to determine what they can understand.
8. Describe several ways that we know infants are not born as blank slates, but instead, come equipped with temperaments, preferences, and biases.
9. Describe several ways that the environment is known to affect skills and behaviors.