Assignment W10 – 7025
Developing Ethics SOP – develop an organizational policy that provides a coherent, professional approach to ethics within an organization
Please see attachment for assignment instructions. This is a 2 part assignment. There will be a 2-3 page paper and a standard operating procedure that is 4-5 pages that accompany the the 2-3 page paper.
Developing Ethics SOP
In earlier courseroom activities, you worked through understanding the concepts of values and ethics at the individual and organizational level, exploring the potential emergence of ethical conflicts, including how to identify and address them. During the latter stages of the course, we have moved into a proactive approach to ethics, seeking to determine how to create and sustain an ethical climate within the organization. One component of achieving the desired ethical climate is to develop an organizational policy that provides a coherent, professional approach to ethics within an organization. In completing this assignment, you will bridge both sides of the scholar-practitioner role, creating a practical application of the theoretical concepts discussed earlier in the course.
You will develop a draft organizational standard operating procedure (SOP) related to ethics within the organization. The work will be in two parts:
You will provide a reflection on the challenges of crafting an organizational policy for your organization or discipline.
· Note: Part 1 of this assignment should be 2–3 pages in length, excluding cover page, abstract (if included), and references page.
You will create a draft SOP that includes the following, which will be included as an appendix to the reflection paper:
· Statement of ethical values.
· Organizational definition of ethics.
· Ethical expectations of employees.
· Role of organizational leaders in creating and sustaining an ethical environment.
· Procedure for employee reports of ethical concerns that protect the employee.
· Potential sanctions for unethical behaviors.
· Written communication: Your writing should clearly identify where each grading criteria or part of the assignment is addressed. Your points must be logical, substantive, and relevant based on the evidence presented. The writing must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA guidelines: Part I of the paper must be formatted according to current APA style and formatting. When appropriate, use APA-formatted headings.
· Resources: Your ideas must be supported with relevant recent, scholarly sources published within the past five (5) years and properly cited and referenced in current APA style.
· Length of paper: Part I should be 2–3 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and references.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
· Writing assistance is available through the Writing Center or Smarthinking, the free, online writing tutorial and review service (for further information, see Resources area).
Review the scoring guide for the grading criteria for this assignment.