Written Assignment 6
The following questions are based on assigned textbook readings. Answer each question as completely as possible. Be sure to proofread your work carefully for correct spelling, grammar, and usage.
Creative thinking and your own wording are important aspects of an effective answer. Do not merely copy sentences or paragraphs from the readings. However, you should use ideas from the readings if they support your answer. When you do, be sure to acknowledge the source of the quotation or paraphrase.
- Discuss a president’s role in foreign policy, domestic policy, military readiness, and governmental administration. [MO6.1]
- Describe the evolution of the presidency from a weak to strong office. How would you describe today’s presidency? [MO6.1]
- Beginning with the intention to run for office to the general election, trace the path an individual usually takes from the start to taking the oath of office. [MO6.2]
- What is the electoral college, and what is its relevance in presidential elections? How are the number of electors arrived at? What is the unit rule, and what effect does it have on election strategy? [MO6.2]
- Each president must staff the cabinet, currently consisting of 15 departments. Each cabinet head commands a large organization charged with carrying out executive directives and implementing laws. As a whole, this represents the governmental bureaucracy. Provide a description of the types of responsibilities carried out by the bureaucracy, and explain the various bureaucratic organizations. [MO6.3]
This is the book for the assignment : https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.google.com/url?q%3Dhttps://cnx.org/contents/5bcc0e59-7345-421d-8507-a1e4608685e8%26amp;sa%3DD%26amp;ust%3D1598620631180000%26amp;usg%3DAOvVaw0_wXPXyEUuMg98oVwetSMu&sa=D&ust=1598620631356000&usg=AFQjCNHc1s3A6PBREVrpv-P3-Il1uOPN4w