Discuss managerial ethics. three areas of special ethical concern for managers, and how organizations manage ethical behavior. (bullets in text)
· Ethics are an individuals personal beliefs about what constitutes right and wrong behavior
· important areas of ethical concern for managers are how the organization treats its employees, how employees treat the organization, and how the organization and its employees treat other economic agents
· the ethical context of organizations consists of each managers individual ethics and messages sent by organizational practices
· organizations use leadership, culture, training, codes, guidelines, and justice to help them manage ethical behavior
2. Identify and summarize key emerging ethical issues in organizations today.
· Discuss emerging ethical issue is ethical leadership and its key role in shaping ethical norms and the culture of the organization
· another involves corporate governance and focuses on the need for the board of directors to maintain appropriate oversight of senior management