- Compare McClintock’s scholar-practitioner model and Capella’s scholar-practitioner learning model. You probably notice that only Capella uses the term practitioner-scholar. What aspects of McClintock’s model supports Capella’s learning model?
- Describe the role of a practitioner-scholar within the field of psychology.
- Discuss how the role of a practitioner-scholar will influence you to become a wise consumer of research and theory.
- Summarize your vision of a career in psychology and your main SMART goals. How did the practitioner-scholar model help clarify and strengthen your vision of your future in the field, and your professional goals?
- Explain how this model might apply to your studies as a graduate learner in psychology at Capella.
If you had any trouble understanding the scholar-practitioner model or its application in the field of psychology, use this discussion to receive support from your peers and instructor to work through your challenges.
Be sure to integrate both readings into your discussion response and cite them in APA style.