Assignment: Navigating the Structural and Cultural Aspects of a Project
For this Assignment, read “Lessons Learned from Managing the Design of the ‘Water Cube’ National Swimming Centre for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games” [Zou, P. X. W., & Leslie-Carter, R. (2010)].
Analyze the structure of the Water Cube project team in the context of the three common types of organizational structures and the cultural aspects of the project. Prepare a 3-page paper that addresses these items:
· How is the Water Cube project structured?
· What are some of the benefits of the organizational structure of the Water Cube project team?
· What are some of the challenges of the team structure?
· What skills can the project manager use to manage the cultural aspects of the project?
· In what ways can project management practices help overcome these challenges?
Submit your assignment.
Support your assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. Use correct APA formatting for all resources. The Walden Writing Center provides preformatted templates with APA-compliant pagination, margins, and spacing.