The length of paper will be approximately 2000 words.
Discuss the impact of technology on Medieval society and culture and the impact of society and culture on the development of Medieval technology.
The way to organize your paper
· (title, your name)
· (Literature review)
· The main body (evidence and argument)
· The first section of your paper must be ‘Introduction’
· The functions of Introduction:
— Why this topic?
— How will you deal with the topic?
— ‘Tell the readers what you are going to tell them’
— How will you organize your paper
Locate your paper in a scholarly context
· How other scholars have answered your question in conceptual or empirical senses?
· Discuss this in the section of “literature review”: What have they already answered? What they have not answered or not sufficiently answered?
Organize your paper in sections with headings
· Divide your paper into several sections rather than putting everything in one bag
· The different sections are for making the different tiers of the argument
· Give each section a subtitle/heading to indicate what you are discussing in the section
Draw your conclusion
· The last section of your paper is always the conclusion that summarizes your paper and make some remarks you may like to add
Why a conclusion?
— Tell the readers what you are going to tell them [this is your Introduction];
— Tell them [this is the main body of your paper];
— Tell them what you have told them [This is your conclusion]
· Always cite relevant information sources (academic publications, mass media coverage, governmental reports, statistics, survey outcomes, personal interviews, etc.)
· Avoid plagiarism!
Choose any format/style of reference you like
· ‘Harvard style,’ e.g., in the format of (Pei 2004, 26) — with a reference list at the end of the paper