Bill of Rights
- Write the Bill of Rights or Amendments section of your Constitution. This section should contain the following information:
- at least five amendments, each of which should reflect a civil liberty or right that your citizens would like to have or enjoy, and which would set limits on the power of your government.
- Below are a few guiding questions to help you:
- What rights or freedoms would protect your citizens from the powers of your government?
- What rights or freedoms would your citizens enjoy or benefit?
- Along with your Bill of Rights, please write a paragraph explaining why you chose those rights and freedoms for your new nation. By comparing the Bill of Rights of your Constitution to the Bill of Rights of the US Constitution, discuss also how your Bill of Rights are different or similar to the Bill of Rights of the Constitution of the United States.
- Please provide at least two sources from the Internet where you obtained your information. Name the websites and the website addresses.
- Write your completed Bill of Rights in a word document (Microsoft Word, Open Office, PDF, or Google Docs) including the paragraph as described in No. 3 of this instruction, and your sources.