- the significance of Brown v. Board of Education and how white supremacy challenged the Supreme Court’s ruling.
- The leaders, tactics and philosophy of the modern civil rights movement.
- The role of Federal Government as ally, and opponent, to the movement.
- The role of the youth and students within the movement.
- The rise of Black Power and why African Americans became more angry during the 1960s.
- Malcolm X and the ideology of the Nation of Islam and other separatist groups of the era.
- African American protests to the Vietnam War and the role of the African American soldier in Vietnam.