Use the strategic analysis as a method of organizing and evaluating case information
- Review the corporate strategy of AB Electrolux: found here: http://group.electrolux.com/en/category/about/
- As the social and demographic trends continue to evolve so do the opportunities afforded to Electrolux. The most significant demographic shift globally is the growing middle class in Asia, which includes families with incomes between US$6,000 and US$30,000. It is estimated that by 2030 there will be 3 billion more people in the global middle class than there were in 2013.(Ernst & Young, 2013)
- Correlated with rising incomes worldwide, homeownership has also increased at a substantial rate giving rise to increased demand for consumer durables such as refrigerators, washing machines, and dishwashers. (Electrolux, 2013)
- Electrolux (2013) Electrolux 2013 Annual Report. Retrieved from http://group.electrolux.com/en/company-overview-271/
- Ernst & Young (2013) Hitting the sweet spot. Retrieved from http://www.ey.com/GL/en/Issues/Driving-growth/Middle-class-growth-in-emerging-markets
Use Barney’s VRIO framework to analyze the competencies of Electrolux.
- Discuss whether AB Electrolux can compete with local Chinese consumer manufacturers.
- Discuss the three leading perspectives on strategy, and how this strategy tripod influences Electrolux.
- Identify Porter’s four generic strategies. Discuss which of these would work best for Electrolux.
- What is the corporate culture of Electrolux? Discuss two distinct attributes of culture within the organization.
- Label your Word document as follows: yourlastname.doc (ex: Johnson.docx)
- Use the attached, APA Word Document, template provided.
- Read grading rubric below prior to submittal
- Essay format; not bullet format.
- All charts, graphs, pictures are to go in the appendix (not a substitute for content)
- Refrain from excessive use of quotes in your response (less than 5%)
- Once you submit your document to the assignment folder it will automatically be loaded to TURNITIN.COM within the course. Your similarity scan score must be 20% or less (the following will be excluded: headers, bibliography, etc. prior to instructor grading paper—focus on the content of scan percentage.
- Plagiarism will result in an automatic zero for this assignment.
- There are no late assignments accepted after the last day of the course.
- See the grading rubric provided for more information on assignment grading.