The Jacobins advertised themselves as the true embodiment of the principles of the Revolution. Discuss whether leadership could best provide for the liberties, security, and interests of the common people of France. Yet under their authority, France suffered violence and tyranny, even greater than under the king.
After reviewing the radical phase of the Revolution from your book, the powerpoint slides and the videos, consider the disconnect and inconsistencies between what the Jacobins promised and what they actually delivered.
Communicate your thoughts in a short paper (roughly 200 words or so). Be sure that you include any necessary details and supporting evidence.
fill in the template attach
Use your work from 4-2 and 5-2 to draft your Research Plan. Remember that your Research Plan should contain the following:
- One revised research question from your Topic Exploration Worksheet
- A list of two secondary sources, and based on those sources:
- A three- to five-sentence explanation of your event’s historical context
- A three- to five-sentence discussion of how historical context influenced your event
- A list of two primary sources, and based on those sources:
- A three- to five-sentence explanation of how your primary sources relate to your secondary sources
- A three- to five-sentence explanation of how your primary sources add to your understanding of the topic
Draft an introduction to a hypothetical research paper that contains the following:
- A three- to five-sentence discussion of background information about your historical event to capture the interest of your audience
- A two- to three-sentence thesis statement based on your research question that addresses your historical event and explains how your event has been influenced by historical context
- A two- to three-sentence explanation of how you will use the primary and secondary sources you listed in the Research Plan in your hypothetical research paper