Dissertation Writers: Are fictional scientists usually the heroes, villains, or a combination of the two?
- When you hear the word “scientist” what do you envision?
- Discuss at least three characteristics of your vision of a scientist.
- Which famous people or characters from the media come into your mind?
- What characteristics do they have in common?
- Has your image of what a scientist does and how they look changed over time? If so, how has this changed and what influenced you?
- Are fictional scientists usually the heroes, villains, or a combination of the two? Provide at least two detailed examples to support your position.
- How is science portrayed in fictional media (i.e., television shows, movies, music, books, etc.)? Is it seen as a positive, negative, or neutral force in the world? Give specific examples supporting your position.
- Do you think the portrayal of scientists in the various forms of media influences how society views people in this profession? Why, or why not?
- Can the portrayal of science in media influence how certain research and technology is viewed and accepted by the general public (e.g., cloning)?
Please follow and like us: