Dissertation Writers: Assignment 1: Discussion—Cultural Differences: Kayin’s Case
Assignment 1: Discussion—Cultural Differences: Kayin’s Case
Professionals must work with families to understand cultural and linguistic characteristics specific to each child. This is critical in determining whether a child’s experiences are typical of someone coming from a different background as opposed to a true disability. These issues can be complex as exceptionalities are seen across cultures as well.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research cultural differences related to children with exceptionalities. It may also be useful to consult CultureGrams in the online library for more information on cultures in Nigeria.
Reflect on your readings and respond to the following:
- What steps should Mr. Bledsoe take to address Kayin’s challenges?
- What professionals might he include to help Kayin?
- What further information does Mr. Bledsoe and his colleagues need to best help Kayin? Where can he find this information?
- How should Mr. Bledsoe approach the issue of cultural differences with Kayin’s parents?
- What ethical dilemma(s) might Mr. Bledsoe face when considering the values, beliefs, and behaviors common in the culture of Kayin’s family within the context of the general American culture?
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.