Dissertation Writers: Biomes and Habitats
look at the biome map and note the following observations:
- By note I mean record short, descriptive observations for each question.
- Do NOT write an integrated essay: Answer each question separately.
- Do not be redundant: answer each question within the appropriate section.
- Do not just “make stuff up.” If you do not know a species’ habitat or niche, look that up using a reputable source – and cite your sources!
- Follow any standard citation style, but be consistent. If you do not know what that means, go to the Library or Writing Center or Student Success Center and ask.
- If you flew, drove or used other ground transportation (which?), what biomes (or aquatic ecosystems) did you you pass over and/or through?
- Once you arrived at your destination (or where you stayed, if you did not travel), what biomes or aquatic ecosystems did you visit or spend time in?
- What habitats did you observe in those biome(s) and/or aquatic ecosystem(s)?
- NOTE: “Forest” is not specific enough. A forest includes many different habitats.