Dissertation Writers: Competency 2: Describe scientific research methods presented in scholarly psychology literature
Complete a worksheet that distills critical information in a scholarly article and compares it to information in a popular press .
This assessment is designed to help you describe scientific research methods as presented in scholarly psychological literature. It will also help you learn to differentiate between scholarly and non-scholarly sources.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 2: Describe scientific research methods presented in scholarly psychology literature.
· Describe the study design (including observations, programs, population, etcetera) used in a scholarly research article.
· Describe the participants from a scholarly research article.
· Describe the measures used in a scholarly research article.
· Competency 3: Apply research findings from scholarly literature to current issues in the field of psychology.
· Summarize psychology research findings.
· Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
· Summarize the main points from a popular press article.
· Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics, as expected of a psychology professional.
· Use current APA format and style.