Dissertation Writers: Describe how you might go about determining scores for applicants’ responses to (a) interview questions, (b) letters of recommendation, and (c) questions about previous work experience..
Discussion Questions for This Chapter
- Imagine and describe a staffing system for a job in which there are no measures used.
- Describe how you might go about determining scores for applicants’ responses to (a) interview questions, (b) letters of recommendation, and (c) questions about previous work experience.
- Give examples of when you would want the following for a written job knowledge test
- a low coefficient alpha (e.g., α = .35)
- a low test–retest reliability.
- Assume you gave a general ability test, measuring both verbal and computational skills, to a group of applicants for a specific job. Also assume that because of severe hiring pressures, you hired all of the applicants, regardless of their test scores.
- How would you investigate the criterion-related validity of the test?
- How would you go about investigating the content validity of the test?
- What information does a selection decision maker need to collect in making staffing decisions? What are the ways in which this information can be collected?