Dissertation Writers: Describe the style(s), history, how they are used, and how you would incorporate the counseling theory into your practice
Directions: Imagine you are an experienced counselor and are now going to embark on an exciting new venture of opening your own counseling agency. Write a 1600 – 2000 word (excluding the title page and reference page) paper as if you were actually working as a counselor for your own agency.
- Choose the type of agency you would establish and identify the population you would most like to help and who you have chosen this group.
- Determine the issues you will specialize in i.e. marriage counseling, helping adolescents with alcoholism, eating disorders, family therapy, clients with issues of drug abuse, etc.
- Describe the “code of ethics” for your agency. When developing the code of ethics, include a brief history of the code of ethics, how it is used, details that will fit your agency, details of acceptable and unacceptable behavior. Consider ethical issues that can arise within your agency and other problems when crafting your code of ethics.
- What are some best practices you would include as part of your agency, i.e. patient rights, ethics regarding assessment and diagnosis, diversity, how to address issues in the community, etc.? Feel free to use other concepts from the text and other readings for this section as well.
- Summarize the counseling style(s) you would most commonly use to help your clients. Describe the style(s), history, how they are used, and how you would incorporate the counseling theory into your practice How would you address “professional development” within your agency.
- How would you help your employees maintain and develop their talent(s). What organizations would you and your employees be involved with to better help your clients.