- Dissertation Writers: Discuss Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct
- Explain how laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the IDEA influence these decisions.
- Identify the ethical principles that might apply to the situation. Consider the professional ethics codes, including the following:
- Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct
- Synthesize your research and create two arguments: one for and one against parents with intellectual disabilities raising children. Consider the perspectives of the parents as well as the children. Use evidence and examples from research, utilizing your assigned readings, and at least two peer-reviewed articles on this topic to support your argument.
- Given what you learned in the video, your assigned readings, and research you found, recommend supports or interventions for the following:
- The family
- Within the community for the family and child
- The school
- Although this video focused on those with intellectual disabilities, generalize the issues to other exceptionalities.
- Conclude your paper with a review of current thinking for and against people with exceptionalities raising children, based on the sources used.
Write a 7–9-page paper (not counting the title page, abstract, or reference page) in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Be sure to include a title page, abstract, and reference page also in APA format. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.doc.
Compare historical trends related to people with disabilities, describing how far we have come, and what issues need to be addressed (such as terminology, acceptance, and support).20Describe how laws such as the ADA and the IDEA influence these decisions related to people with intellectual disabilities raising children.20Identify which ethical principles apply to the debate surrounding people with intellectual disabilities raising children.20Synthesize research from readings and at least two peer-reviewed research articles to develop arguments for and against parents with intellectual disabilities raising children, considering the perspectives of the parents as well as the children.20Describe supports or interventions recommended for: The family Within the community The school28Discuss the ability to generalize this debate to other exceptionalities.24Review current thinking for and against people with exceptionalities raising children, based on the sources utilized.20Writing Standards Organization (12) Usage and mechanics (12) APA elements (16) Style (4)44Total:196