Dissertation Writers: How is a story, a painting, or a song a kind of virtual reality?
- Return to Week 3 Notes and Readings and review Saki’s The Open Window (written and audio), Sojourner Truth’s Ain’t I a Woman? (speech and performance interpretation), and the two forms of the Omayra Sanchez story (written and written with pictures).
- Think about your reaction to the different forms of each resource and what it might mean for you as a learner.
- Consider how humans use their perspective to understand new experiences by imagining details of a story.
- Since technology has made it easier to share visual versions, does that impact our need to “see to believe” or influence how easily we understand without a visual?
- Have you ever had the experience of being given false information about a new situation? Or changing your mind about something with growing evidence?
- How is a story, a painting, or a song a kind of virtual reality?
Please follow and like us: