Dissertation Writers: Special Cases in Coaching Assignment Overview Module 4 –
Special Cases in Coaching
Closure and Review
The purpose of the Case Assignment is to create a “Live Case” by experiencing the process of coaching. Because this case is designed around experiential learning , we can go beyond the conceptual knowledge covered in the reading materials to actual skills building. This requires putting what you are learning into immediate practice.
In this fourth module, you will be working with your coachee to close the coaching session and determine the next phase of your relationship. Will you terminate the relationship or move on to a new coaching experience? A part of this process is soliciting feedback from your coachee as to how successful the coaching sessions were.
· What did the coachee learn?
· How will the coachee deal with people and situations differently?
· What priorities have been set and what still needs to be accomplished?
One outcome of this session is to come to a mutual decision of whether to terminate the coaching relationship or continue to work together on a new coaching issue. Drawing on the background reading for this and the previous modules, you will plan and carry out a coaching session that involves stage W of the GROW model.
There is a comprehensive explanation of the GROW model on the background page for Module 2. Here is a link to a shorter synopsis for review:
The GROW model: A simple process for coaching and mentoring. (2014) Retrieved from www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newLDR_89.htm
The structure of the Live Case NOTE: This module also includes an extra activity to be completed by the coachee and submitted as an appendix to your usual paper.
Each module will follow this cycle: Plan, execute, report.
· Before the coaching session, write up a plan using course readings or additional research as a resource (1-2 pages).
· Then meet with the coachee and use your plan as a guide for the session.
· The bulk of the report is on how it went: successes and failures. What would you do differently next time? (3 to 5 pages).