Dissertation Writers: What exactly makes server hardware so valuable/expensive?
One factor that IT professionals must consider when building a server is whether that server should be simply server software installed on regular hardware, server software installed on server hardware, or regular software installed on server hardware.
- What are the differences between workstation software and server software?
- Windows workstations all have elements of server software built-in. What are these elements, and why is the Windows Professional OS not considered a server?
- Similarly, the Windows server OS can run regular workstation applications such as MS Office or Adobe Photoshop. Why is this a bad idea? Can you find a situation where it might be appropriate?
- What exactly makes server hardware so valuable/expensive? What feature requirements drive the server market?
- What (if any) are the same feature requirements that might be found in server software/OS environments?