Dissertation Writers: What information does a selection decision maker need to collect in making staffing decisions?
- Imagine and describe a staffing system for a job in which there are no measures used.
- Describe how you might go about determining scores for applicants’ responses to (a) interview questions, (b) letters of recommendation, and (c) questions about previous work experience.
- Give examples of when you would want the following for a written job knowledge test
- a low coefficient alpha (e.g., α = .35)
- a low test–retest reliability.
- Assume you gave a general ability test, measuring both verbal and computational skills, to a group of applicants for a specific job. Also assume that because of severe hiring pressures, you hired all of the applicants, regardless of their test scores.
- How would you investigate the criterion-related validity of the test?
- How would you go about investigating the content validity of the test?
- What information does a selection decision maker need to collect in making staffing decisions? What are the ways in which this information can be collected?