Dissertation Writers: What is a greenhouse gas and how do they lead to global warming?
(1) Describe three ways that radiation effects human health. (6 points)
(2) What are the three types of radiation? (6 points)
(3) Choose one of the following nuclear disasters and provide the following information (12 points)
a. When and where it happened
b. How many people were affected (for example short term death vs. long term death vs. chronic illness)
c. A brief description of the underlying cause
Choose from: Three Mile Island, Chernobyl. Fukushima, Tokaimura
(4) What is a greenhouse gas and how do they lead to global warming? (6 points)
(5) Describe, in a paragraph, evidence for anthropogenic global warming. (5 points)
(6) Climate change and Vector-Borne Disease. You will choose one vector borne disease that is impacted by global climate change, other than malaria. You will then write about this disease and how it is expected to impacted by global warming. Your answer should be written as an essay (1 – 3 pages, double-spaced and typed) and include the following information (65 points)
The basic biology of the disease – i.e. How it is spread? What is the life cycle of the pathogens and the vectors
The symptoms of the disease in humans
How global climate change will change the infection rates of the disease and why. What climate variables are important to understanding the change?
For this part of the take home, you will also need to provide citations for your work