Essay writing – Your education story
It is important to understand the learning opportunities you have had in the past and have now. Many times you may have missed out on opportunities because you did not have the resources you needed or were not aware of your own strengths. Teachers, parents, friends, or fellow students may have helped you along the way. They, too, are important parts of your educational journey. Writing your educational story will help you identify the learning opportunities you had or did not have and how they have affected your journey.
It may be helpful to think about the following points while writing your educational story:
- Learning opportunities in the past and present
- Educational challenges you have faced
- How you overcame the educational challenges
- Who helped you overcome the educational challenges
- Missed opportunities, if any