Whole class that will need to be completed. You will have access to login for student as well. If selected this information will be provided to you. Below is the itenarary!
WEEK 1. DISCUSSION QUESTIONS CURRENTLY LATE FOR TURN IN. NEED TO BE COMPLETED IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!! ASSIGNMENT IS DUE OCT 27.
To participate in the following discussions, go to this week’s Discussion link in the left navigation.
- Strategic Management Process
In a constantly and rapidly changing environment, developing and implementing a competent strategic plan is central to organization stability and viability. Describe a strategic management process that can be utilized by a multinational organization to gain a competitive advantage over others in their industry and explain the importance of each stage. Please respond to at least two fellow students’ postings, advancing and debating the key points of their posting.
- Challenges of Multinationals
Compare and contrast the challenges for managing a broad geographic scope of operations with complex integration needs – typical of a multinational organization – with an organization operating within one country. Please respond to at least two fellow students’ postings, advancing and debating the key points of their posting.
To complete the following assignment, go to this week’s Assignment link in the left navigation.
Globalization refers to the increasing integration of national and regional markets and economies and the domination of the world economy by massive multinational firms. It has affected nearly every organization, and industry, in the competitive marketplace today.
In a two to three page research paper in APA style, detail the following in relation to the changing nature of global competitiveness:
· Define and explain the concept of globalization.
· Compare and contrast the growth of globalization over the past thirty years, in general, and then specifically for one industry of your choice. For instance, you may present the growth of imports and exports over the past thirty years, and then detail the impact globalization has had on United States toy manufacturers.
· Finally, evaluate how globalization has altered the competitive landscape. In particular, elaborate on how a globalized marketplace affects the profitability and productivity of an organization and an industry.
Note that some of the information related to this project may not be readily available in course materials, requiring you to research contemporary management trends in the public sector. At least two outside scholarly resources are required, including a minimum of one from the Ashford Online Library.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.